Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rediscovering God in America

When I ordered this book I expected it to be a deeply religious book proclaiming how far away from God our country had fallen and how it was the Christian responsibility to stand up and fight for our beliefs and edge out those who oppose us. But what found was something different. I was pleased to find that each chapter of this book takes you to a monument and explains to the reader why it is significant, the history of it and why it was put there. Some familiarity of the monuments would be helpful but the book does contain photos that are well done and capture the essence of the buildings. It is not overly political and shares some little know facts about our nation’s capitol. I think that if someone were to want to take this book on a trip to Washington DC with them it could be much more powerful reading the chapters in the actual locations. Newt does a fine job of keeping it light while engrossing the reader in history of the sites

No comments: