I chose to fast and pray for the first twelve hours of these last 40 days. Here are some thoughts
This was a very interesting experience for me to say the least. I have been thru the emotional ringer. I have found some clarity in though and some clouds mixed with rain. I did fail and eat on some days. But as I was told grace covers these instances. I did not read as much as I wanted I have prayed more than I ever have. I was hungry but not as much as I thought I would be. I found my self thinking a lot about my kids and my wife and how often I allow unimportant things like food and material stuff get in the way of those that I love so dearly. I have no regrets. I simply reevaluate and move forward knowing that I can’t go back but I can be forgiven. I hold tight to the forgiveness that I receive so freely and need so badly but still can’t afford or deserve. I have ended my fast more appreciative of those who I hold dear, Leah, Kevin, Nolan, Ike and family, Kristi and family I have prayed for you daily. I have asked the God we serve together in northeast Portland to bless you with peace and hope and clarity of thought. I have asked that your vision be clear and that your strength be renewed. I have asked God to give you boldness and courage as you serve a church that is in the midst of redefining what it is. I will continue to do this knowing that your heart is open to the leading of God will. I continue to pray that these things all continue to happen. For those of you that have been praying for me during this time I thank you. May God shine his face on PUMP as we look to an exciting future.
1 comment:
What a great journey, Logan. Your dedication is inspirational. Thank you so much for your prayers for our family. We really need it.
Post a Comment