Thursday, November 20, 2008
What does it mean
What does it mean this “Long Obedience”? It is a lifelong commitment to keep the promise that for me was made July 31, 1994 in front of a small body of believers when I said I believe in, I am. It encompasses so much more than that within itself. It is my Dad saying “now you are my brother” as he hugged me that day. It is loving my wife and children with every fiber of my being and my God even more. It is understanding that the burdens I bare will not break me they will only bend me until I allow Him to carry them. It is a lifelong commitment that I chose every day as my feet hit the floor and every night when I lay down to sleep. A Long Obedience in the Same Direction for me means that some days will be valleys, some hilltop and some that the mountain will need to move because it is in my way. I will remain on the course because there are those that have come before lighting the way, Pa, Grammi, Grama Fay, Dad , Mom, Leon, Kevin, Carol and those that will follow me Kevin, Nolan, Kaytlyn, Abby, Gavin and Thomas. These are the ones who have and continue to share my journey. Please know there are others and you are all dear to me. I walk this road falling frequently but I continue to move toward the goal. May God bless those who have completed their journey and gained the reward as well as those of us who still tread the well worn trails. I pray that we do not faint, that we do not grow weary but rather cling to our everlasting God who reigns in us, defends us, comforts us and lifts us on wings like eagles. Be well my friends, family and loved ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment