Friday, October 2, 2009

Confession of this Fool

So it has been a while since the last post on this blog. I have been busy closing a school and caring for those students that Leah and I can now call friends. Cascade has closed Leah and I have been looking for work for a long time and have found nothing. As I write this the boys play, my wife is using her free tickets to go to a Mariners game. I am not sure what to write so I may just ramble for a while.
I have learned a lot over the past four years that I spent at Cascade College. I hope that outwardly the growth I have experienced on the inside shows. I am simply in love with Jesus. His relationship with people is what I am trying to model in my own life. Reading His story I am struck by how often He would meet people where they are. He reached out to the unreachable, He spoke to those we chose to ignore, He touched those whom others said should not be touched. He did things in way I think we all like to talk about, but very few are willing to actually model. A long time ago I heard a sermon, in this sermon the preacher said “we are too interested in getting people in a relationship with the church rather than a relationship with Jesus”. If we are honest about this how many of us fall in to this trap. I certainly have. I have been blessed over the last four years to attend a church that I love getting people to come to. It has dynamic worship, great sound biblical teaching, good loving people, dear, dear friends and that is what I was using to sell this product of Jesus. I have found myself wondering in the last month why is that missing now. The answer is this simple I have been too interested in the relationship with the church and not interested enough in the relationship with Jesus. This is my confession to you all.
Here is what is happening now. I have to discover my own love for Christ. I am not going to find the mentioned church experience anywhere else. But that is okay, If God grants us the chance to return to there I hope that I don’t hang my hat and become comfortable. I hope I am a part of the group that keeps their coat close at hand because we don’t know when or where God is going to call us next I am willing and have learned that it is okay to push the limits of what we feel is comfortable for the sake of the Gospel as long as we don’t reach beyond the gospel. I have nothing left to offer I have no choice but to rely on God at this point because I have no way to do it on my own. May God receive glory for whatever happens next. I have nothing left to give; I can only give it over to him.

Peace To Your house

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Great thoughts, Logan - thanks for sharing. Peace to your house, as well.