Friday, October 9, 2009

Book Review

I would by no means count myself a sports fanatic. I enjoy seeing sports on TV and occasionally I will catch a live event. I picked up Eli Gold’s book “From Peanuts to the Pressbox” not really knowing what to expect. I can tell you that after the first chapter I was hooked and by the end I had been reminded of what I love about sports. The events themselves, Eli is a fan and it shows in this book. Eli tells the story of his life by recalling events he has seen on the court and the experiences that got him to each of those events. Told in a refreshing conversational style I often had to remind myself that I was not sitting around the table with him having coffee swapping stories. Starting from his childhood selling peanuts to be close to the action he shows us all what we can do if we only hold on to our dreams. Realizing his through his dedication and hard work he has done everything he wanted to and truly lived his life the way he chooses to. From Peanuts to the Pressbox is a must read.

No comments: