Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dad's Bible

The NCV Dads Bible is one I choose to review because I am first a follower of Christ and second I am a Dad. I believe that anything that gives insight in to these two parts of my life can’t be a bad thing. The Dad’s bible is easily read because it is a New Century Version Bible, but also it has a ton of nuggets of insight that really do apply well to being a father. Features throughout the text such as passing it on, Walking in authority and insights allow the reader to instantly apply the text to his own life. They handle a broad amount of subjects from role reversal to simply thanking God. The Walking in authority sections provide good solid application to fatherhood, as well as being a spiritual leader in your home. If you are looking for an easy to read devotional book that is not overly preachy or overly feely then this may be a good choice to put on your list. If you need a great father’s day gift that is easy to read and has simple quick devotionals in it this is your choice.

No comments: